POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Bug: dispersion_samples affects photon brightness : Bug: dispersion_samples affects photon brightness Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:12:23 EDT (-0400)
  Bug: dispersion_samples affects photon brightness
From: Lutz-Peter Hooge
Date: 12 Oct 2001 22:29:40
Message: <MPG.1631c5fca936293298969e@news.povray.org>
Hi,

While playing with Photons and dispersion I noticed that higher
dispersion_samples also gives brighter refractive photons.
With dispersion_samples 7 (default) the brightness is equal to photons
without dispersion, but with for example 14, they are way too bright.

I guess the brightness of each color-band is divided through the default
dispersion_samples of 7 instead the dispersion_samples actually used in
the texture.

Win98SE, Pov 3.5 beta 6

Lutz-Peter