POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Parallel lights? : Re: Parallel lights? Server Time
17 Aug 2024 16:11:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parallel lights?
From: Sander
Date: 13 Sep 2001 09:01:00
Message: <MPG.160accb11d2bd795989697@news.povray.org>
In article <3ba048a7$1@news.povray.org>, sta### [at] uiucedu says...
> Hey guys,
>
> This is a shot I recently completely and is the last time I will run it because the
render time is simply horrendous.  It's a six engine German bomber flying at dusk, the
sky covered in anti-aircraft flak.  I had two computers chewing this and it took days.
 With the thousands of media objects combined with the glows and motion blurring, the
computer almost came to a screeching halt.  Anyway, I wanted to have the underside of
the aircraft bathed in orange light.  To
attempt this I placed an area light underneath the aircraft but it left behind
unwanted effects.  You can see the light source in the windscreen when all I wanted
was a kind of evenly spaced orange glow.  Would MegaPov's/3.5's parallel lights
accomplish this?  Any comments on the flak or city lighting?

> Skip
I cannot answer your pertinent questions.

But looking at your image I get the impression that engines No 2 and 5
are not directed parallel to what is the flight direction. Do I see that
wrong??
--
Regards,
Sander