POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : (Mac) Mesh question : Re: (Mac) Mesh question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (Mac) Mesh question
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 9 Sep 2001 14:45:57
Message: <MPG.1605ca032ba027ed9899f4@news.povray.org>
> > I think you are missing the point here. There is nothing about the mesh2
> > feature that restricts it to any one platform.
>
> I probably am missing the point, as I'm not a programmer.
> So Mesh2 would have been included even if there were no converters on the
PC-platform
> either?

Mesh2 is nothing more or less than another way of defining a triangle
mesh IIRC.  This means that converters have not a lot to nothing to do
with its presence in POV 3.5b1

> > If I were to email you a file
> > with the mesh2 syntax it would render exactly the same on your machine as
> > it does on my Windows machine.
>
> Yes, I understand. What I'm commenting is that I must get a Windows machine like
yours
> to be able to use it, and that it would save a bit of frustration if that fact were
> included in the documentation.

I think there's a bit of confusion over what you mean by *use*.  Ken
seems to take the point that to use it is to shove it into a scene and
render it.  You seem to be taking 'use' to imply conversion to other
formats...

All of this is IMO, of course :)

Bye for now,
     Jamie.