POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3.5 Polo (First Scene) : Re: 3.5 Polo (First Scene) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 18:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.5 Polo (First Scene)
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 9 Sep 2001 06:19:22
Message: <MPG.16055345fbc4afbe9899f1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 8 Sep 2001 17:04:33 -0700, Thomas Lake wrote...
> > I'm not sure exactly what Lifesavers are
>
> Really you don't have lifesavers in the UK! They look something like the
> candy you rendered only the hole in the middle is smaller and the whole
> candy is rounder. The classic kind is transparent and comes in various
> rainbow colours, I don't care much for their flavour, too sweet and
> artificial. They have also released many variants of them, including caramel
> lifesavers, my fav!

Having looked at the links provided by Jon, I can say that they look
remarkably like Polo's, but seem to come in more bizarre and (in some
cases) disgusting sounding flavours :)

http://www.hancocks.co.uk/Strange.htm - look under P.

And if you're really curious, then do a search on google for 'polo mints'
and by the looks of things, you can find any number of online shops which
will ship polo's (amongst other UK foodstuffs) all over the place.

Followups set to p.o-t.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.