POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Problems rendering sample scenes. : Problems rendering sample scenes. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:27:32 EDT (-0400)
  Problems rendering sample scenes.
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 6 Sep 2001 16:04:39
Message: <MPG.1601e7f548559d159899e2@news.povray.org>
Specifically scenes\advanced\blocks\*.pov
Win98SE, Athlon 1.33Ghz, 512Mb ECC DDR.

I've tried a few times to render the three scenes in the above dorectory,
and I get various error messages from within makestacks.inc.

For example, with #declare writefile=false commented out and
#declare num=10 uncommented, I get the following error :

File: makestacks.inc  Line: 191
            #if (Visible)

                #declare
R[0]=<int(rand(R2R)*4)*90,0,int(rand(R2R)*4)*90>; <----ERROR

Parse Error: Attempted to redefine float identifier as vector identifier.

Returned from renderer with error status

Has anybody else out there run into problems with this sample scene?  And
please bear in mind that I use Moray as a rule, so I'm not too good with
raw SDL code and may easily be missing something which is blindingly to
somebody else.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.