POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Annoyed with pov-ray/moray/anim plugin : Re: Annoyed with pov-ray/moray/anim plugin Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:47:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Annoyed with pov-ray/moray/anim plugin
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 26 Jul 2001 14:15:01
Message: <MPG.15ca6f0e7a1aa8899899ad@news.povray.org>
> Also how do you use the anim plugin in conjunction with povray.  Is it
> possible or am i dreaming?  I only know how to use it inside moray.  That
> may be the only way possible.  I'm gonna stop speakin now coz i gotta go to
> slee.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You can't get the anim plugin to talk directly to POV without using
Moray.  That's because AFAIK, the animplugin takes each frame from Moray,
exports and renders using POV, and then overwrites the previous frame
.pov file with the new frame.

The short answer is, you can't use the anim plugin in conjunction with
POV without having Moray in the middle/background.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.