POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Church : Re: Church Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Church
From: Sander
Date: 15 Jun 2001 11:46:05
Message: <MPG.15944c3d870858d59897d2@NEWS.POVRAY.ORG>
In article <3b2a2722$1@news.povray.org>, John Albarelli says...

<snip>

> The source code pretty much says it all.
As I said: I will look into it closely.

> Question for you...I made the
> church structure first, and then added the altar and pews, but they looked
> so small that I had to enlarge them, but this makes the overall church look
> smaller.  If you scale the altar by, say, 1/2 or 1/4, does it look really
> bad to you, or is it just me?
Perhaps you should compare it to something in real life; anything out of
proportion could easily make something else the wrong size. And
sometimes the texture of objects is the wrong size and makes the object
look gigantic or dwarfish. It is maybe a matter of trial and error if
you have something  set up new.

> Could you email me your mosque/cathedral image?  I'd be interested to look
> at it, and I can't get a message from that far back.  Thanks.
done.

--
Regards,  Sander