POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Church : Re: Church Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:11:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Church
From: Sander
Date: 15 Jun 2001 11:06:51
Message: <MPG.159443089fa09d839897ce@NEWS.POVRAY.ORG>
In article <3b29f98d@news.povray.org>, John Albarelli says...
> HI, everyone...my first time posting, I made a church.  Questions/comments?
> I wanted to put some media in, to show some of the light rays from the large
> round rose window, but I couldn't get it to work, and it already takes 12
> hours to render.  I'd like them to be very faint.  Any help with that would
> be appreciated.  Teh source files are attached.

Hi John,

I'm interested in your cathedral very much: especially as regards how
you are solving the problem of placing the different parts of the
cathedral interior.

Is the cathedral complete in the sense that you could give us a view in
any direction, or do you have just what we see now?

FYI I have been busy trying to set up the Mezquita mosque/cathedral in

2001-march-29 my second image. My setup includes the whole building
(more than 10,000 square meters) and up till now I only have all the
pillars, the arches, some ceilings, most of the walls, the floor at some
parts, etc. and I really do not think I can finish the job within a
reasonable time.

I'll study your sources to see how you go about it...  :))

--
Regards,  Sander