POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : another test (ignore if u already saw the butterfly) : Re: another test (ignore if u already saw the butterfly) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 07:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: another test (ignore if u already saw the butterfly)
From: Sander
Date: 7 May 2001 04:00:34
Message: <MPG.156074b261c80c4f989768@NEWS.POVRAY.ORG>
In article <3af5825f$1@news.povray.org>, Bob H. says...
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q142/7/31.ASP
>
> Tells how to go about the codec stuff.
> The Cinepak by Radius was (is) one of the old Windows AVI codecs.
> Maybe there was a audio layer and it somehow garbled things in a mild way.
> I had no trouble seeing the butterfly fluttering in WMP 7.0 either.
> I have DirectShow (some DirectX thing?) installed too I guess.  So many
> variables, obvious the multimedia idea hasn't merged into something a single
> player can handle.
>
> Bob H.
Thanks Bob: it applies to WME, W95 and W98 only :( I'll look further on
the site.
In ACDSee I can see nearly every animation alright, but it annoys me
that the normal programs don't work.
Probably something wrong here with my system: I will think about a re-
install of everything, but that I don't like much either!
Dam, this shouldn't cause so much trouble!
--
Regards,  Sander