POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Textobject problem : Re: Textobject problem Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Textobject problem
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 3 May 2001 15:06:26
Message: <MPG.155bbca7e14b9f60989901@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 3 May 2001 13:39:28 +0300, SWIFT ETEBA wrote...
> I have the same problem with Greek characters. When I use a TT font
> (unicode) and I use greek characters, although the text box in the side bar
> shows the text in greek the text object shows other (non-greek) characters.
> Since I want a text object with greek characters is there any solution?

Basically, it's a problem with POV 3.1g.  (at least as far as i
understand the matter)

Try using megapov as your renderer instead and it may fix things.  If
not, then I don't really have any ideas, as I try to avoid using text
objects if at all possible due to their dog slow rendering speed.

I think the problem with fonts is due to be fixed in the upcoming POV
3.5, but until that is released, your best bet is probably to try using
MegaPOV.  if you've not got a copy yet, it can be found at
http://nathan.kopp.com

Bye for now,
     Jamie.