POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Getting closer... : Re: Getting closer... Server Time
18 Aug 2024 12:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting closer...
From: Sander
Date: 27 Apr 2001 19:13:32
Message: <MPG.15541ba92651b69f98974f@NEWS.POVRAY.ORG>
In article <3AE9B028.80687098@heday.freeservers.com>, H.E. Day says...
> Not much to say on this one...  Fixed the shield, and made the light
> more orange. (I just visited the coast, so I got a better idea of how
> the clouds and sea look.
> http://www.pietyhillcottages.com/Images/water06.jpg
> Enjoy and Comment!
>
> H.E. Day
> <><

I hesitate to make a remark on your excellent image. I have the distinct
impression that in reality, when there would be such a huge hole in the
sea as you have it, you would see the effect on the surface of the water
streaming towards that hole from an appreciable distance. Looking at
your image, one sees nothing of the sort: even close to the abyss the
water surface seems quite immobile. IMHO this looks a bit like a
contradiction...
--
Regards,  Sander