POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chinese Longsword (~89Kbu) - Longsword.jpg [1/1] : Re: Chinese Longsword naked blade(~46Kbu) - Longsword2.jpg [1/1] Server Time
18 Aug 2024 12:24:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chinese Longsword naked blade(~46Kbu) - Longsword2.jpg [1/1]
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 21 Apr 2001 18:16:56
Message: <MPG.154c13161bb9c3f49898d8@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 21 Apr 2001 13:12:19 -0500, David Fontaine wrote...
> Ooh, nice. Looks heavy.

My fault actually, I got the scaling on the sword a bit wrong.  I suppose
if Chinese broadswords looked like that it might be appropriate, but they
don't, so it's not :)

I'll try again tomorrow and see if I can get the scaling right.  Of
course this is always a problem, since I never design objects to a fixed
1 unit = 1 whatever scale

> The other objects on the table really compliment the sword.

Believe it or not, the other objects were an afterthought to another
object (a magically summoned war fan, my characters weapon of choice),
but they sort of turned into a scene in their own right.

But thanks for the compliment anyway <grin>

Bye for now,
     Jamie.