POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Fractal Reflections(738 KB) : Re: Fractal Reflections(738 KB) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 07:15:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fractal Reflections(738 KB)
From: Sander
Date: 2 Apr 2001 05:08:19
Message: <MPG.15325ff0ea836480989723@NEWS.POVRAY.ORG>
In article <3ac83bda@news.povray.org>, Nekar Xenos says...
> I used Corel PhotoPaint9. I tried saving it as Mpeg Layer 2 but that didn't
> work. I assume the shakiness was because I only used 50 frames. I used a lot
> of compression because the file was quite big. Maybe I should try motion
> blur (I've still got to figure out how it works though). Or maybe I should
> set the frame rate higher - I'll see if I can do that. Are there any other
> settings that I could change to take away the shakiness?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nekar

As far as I know a mpg animation should have something like 25 frames
per second. Your animation runs here 9 seconds: that would make about
225 frames necessary! What happened in your case, as I see it, your mpg-
encoder copied all the frames in sufficient numbers to have 25 frames
per sec., and thus your animations was built from 50 sets of 4 to 5
identical frames. As a result the animation becomes shaky.
Make more frames and all will be well :)

--
Regards,  Sander