POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Open Source scene editor : Re: Open Source scene editor Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:33:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Open Source scene editor
From: Pete Goodwin
Date: 10 Mar 2001 18:41:58
Message: <MPG.1514ccd13100a084989681@news.povray.org>
In article <3AAA100F.7D768B0F@gmx.de>, chr### [at] gmxde says...

> Nice, but the currend version seems to need direct X for running
> (therefore does not work on Windows NT)
>
> Especially for Kylix OpenGL would be a much better idea.

The DirectX version should work on Windows 2000.

I know both DirectX and OpenGL. I chose DirectX as it was easier at the
time. I could build a version with a choice of DirectX and/or OpenGL
depending on build options.

Right now I'm waiting for Kylix to arrive and getting my Linux box ready.
I've spent so long in GUI's that going back to the CLI is a bit of
nightmare!

--
Pete