POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Open Source scene editor : Open Source scene editor Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:36:24 EDT (-0400)
  Open Source scene editor
From: Pete Goodwin
Date: 2 Mar 2001 09:19:51
Message: <MPG.1509bb64467ea119989680@news.povray.org>
I'm curious to find out if there would be any interest in an open source
scene editor for POVray?

I have my own scene editor on

http://www.imekon.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/model.html

and I'm wondering if it would benefit from going to the open source
model, where I give away the source code with a GPL style licence?

The only snag I can see is that it's written in Object Pascal with
Delphi, a Borland product, whereas most open source is in C or C++.

However, with the release of Kylix (see http://www.borland.com/), Delphi
for Linux, this is changing. Kylix will be available for free in a few
months so others could work on Model as well.

--
---
Pete Goodwin