POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Ice mountain (63kbu) : Re: WIP Ice mountain (63kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Ice mountain (63kbu)
From: Sander
Date: 27 Feb 2001 15:30:56
Message: <MPG.15062a9aa2ddb02b9896f2@NEWS.POVRAY.ORG>
In article <3a9bf4be@news.povray.org>, Gail Shaw says...
<snip>
> The waterfall had always flowed. There was never a recorded time
> when the water did not cascade over the crystal cliffs. The ancient
> books told that one of the signs of the end of time would be the lack of
> flowing water over the cliffs. The years passed and the suns cooled.
> Every winter the flow of water was less and less. Many took this
> as a sign and left for other planets. The disbelievers remained.
> One winter the waterfall froze completely. It was the beginning of the end.
> Winter was longer each year, summer colder. Within a very short time
> the ice age had come again.
>
> Comments?
>
> Gail

Did you dream all this? Is it from a book? It's haunting. So is the
image, be it that the colours are a bit uniform, and the ice-fall is not
very clearly structured, and the rock wall is a bit uniform too...
Don't get this wrong: I like the idea very much, the day that I will see
two suns or two moons I'll know I'm finished. It is something I do dream
about every 3 years or so...  :-)
--
Regards,  Sander