POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Door into Summer : Re: WIP: Door into Summer Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: Door into Summer
From: Sander
Date: 20 Feb 2001 15:14:13
Message: <MPG.14fceddd28a0f6ea9896ec@NEWS.POVRAY.ORG>
In article <3A9### [at] darwincwruedu>, Geoff Wedig says...
> Well, I just saw the thread on Chris Huff's portal patch, so I thought I'd
> post this.  This is one type of image that would be much easier to do with
> such a patch, I'd imagine (though the patch doesn't allow light to pass
> through)  It would certainly be faster than my method.
>
> Speaking of which, my method isn't a camera trick.  I can place the camera
> wherever I like and the scene doesn't go funky, up to and including the other
> side of the doorway.
>
> So what do folks think so far?  I'd like to increase the realism if possible,
> because, somewhat counterintuitively, the more real I can get this, the less
> real it'll seem.
>
> Geoff

I have been looking for a door like this for a long time now: wouldn't
it be nice to really find one?
Reminds me of a nice short story where one could get a ticket for a
journey to the land of eternal summer and happiness; you were herded
into a shabby shack and had to wait for a long time before the journey
would begin; the impatient chap got bored and left, and as he  was
returning into the rain he just could see the others leaving through
another door into the sunshine... Of course he was too late and he got
no refund.
--
Regards,  Sander