POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Help with MPG encoding : Re: Help with MPG encoding Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:28:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with MPG encoding
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 7 Feb 2001 15:46:26
Message: <MPG.14ea8a8975b3b718989882@news.povray.org>
On 6 Feb 2001 16:30:20 -0500, Geoff Wedig wrote...

> I need some help.  I've gotten POV to output my images in .tga format, then
> I converted to an AVI.  This much worked, though the AVI was big (15 MB for
> 70 320x240 frames).  I looked around for an MPG1 encoder, but couldn't find
> one that worked with .tga files, or required lots of parameters I didn't
> know how to set (I'm fairly new to this animation thing)  Finally, I found
> an avi2mpg1 encoder, and this worked, but all the blues in the image have
> become red!?
>
> So, anyone seen this before and know how to correct it?  Barring that,
> anyone know of a good encoder that a newbie like me can figure out?  I'd
> like to have a animation that doesn't eat disk space.

Try getting Videomach from http://www.gromada.com (I'm assuming you're
using win9x here)

As far as I understand it, it's free for personal, non-commercial use,
and it will read in your raw .tga's and write out whatever format you
have the codec for.

Hope this was some use.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.