POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More portal images - attached files (1/1) : Re: More portal images - attached files (1/1) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More portal images - attached files (1/1)
From: Sander Stols
Date: 22 Jan 2001 16:31:59
Message: <MPG.14d6c1f6ec6928e9896d3@NEWS.POVRAY.ORG>
[This followup was posted to povray.binaries.images and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article <chrishuff-7CBC3C.17374621012001@news.povray.org>,
chr### [at] maccom says...
> In the first image, the portal is the sphere in the middle...the "far
> end" of the portal is just a larger sphere surrounding the scene.
> The second image is a small, closed room with a portal to an open area.
> The room is lit entirely by light from the portal. As you see, no direct
> light can pass through the portal...one of the limitations of my patch.

Could you please explain to a mere mortal person what is shown in your
'portal' images??
What is a portal?
I have the feeling I miss something important here :)
--
Regards,  Sander