POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Blobs : Re: Blobs Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:29:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobs
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 17 Jan 2001 14:13:47
Message: <MPG.14cffa176ad8d86598986e@news.povray.org>
> > To be honest, I think that decent blob support could well give Moray a
> > boost into being used by people who don't normally use a modeller, but
> > that's just my opinion.
>
> or nurbs modelling, or mesh modelling, or patch modelling (like
> hamapatch), don't you think?  or how about export to other formats like
> 3ds?  pov would finally be able to share with the rest of the world
> instead of the rest of the world only sharing (importing to mesh2 for
> example) with pov.  what do you folks think?  of all the major features
> you can think of that could be added, how do these rate?

NURBS, I don't see the point in, because POV doesn't, as far as I know,
support them.  It already has a patch modeller built in, and it's easy
enough to import hamapatch or sPatch objects into Moray, so I don't see
any burning need for that, exporting to other formats isn't an issue for
me, as I don't have any other renderers, and besides, I like Primitive
based rendering, and don't see any reason to degrade my models into
polygon meshes.

To be honest, about the only feature I consider to be an essential
addition is blobs, if only because it would transform Moray into the only
decent windows based Blob modeller available.

Sorry if this sounds abrupt, but it's only my opinions, which have
minimal, if any weight :)

Bye for now,
     Jamie.