POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Blobs : Re: Blobs Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:28:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobs
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 16 Jan 2001 15:54:00
Message: <MPG.14cebeeece9558c898986b@news.povray.org>
> : I find it strange that it still doesn't really support them
>
>   I find this strange too. After all, it shouldn't require too much. The
> wireframe approximation code is already there (you can import blobs). The
> only thing that needs to be added is just a little sub-modeller mode
> (similar to the bicubic patches editor) which allows you to create and
> edit spheres and cylinders and some of their parameters.
>
>   Perhaps a plugin?

According to the plugins page on the website, someone was working on a
plugin, but I don't think there've been any updates to it in at least a
year.

To be honest, I think that decent blob support could well give Moray a
boost into being used by people who don't normally use a modeller, but
that's just my opinion.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.