POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : (Off topic) Pencil drawing of Scyther (~130kbu) : Re: (Off topic) Pencil drawing of Scyther (~130kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (Off topic) Pencil drawing of Scyther (~130kbu)
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 22 Dec 2000 14:39:37
Message: <MPG.14adad378d5fc31d989860@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 22 Dec 2000 08:39:04 -0800, Josh English wrote...
> >   Scyther is a pokemon (#123). I somehow like how cool it looks and I decided
> >   to draw it even cooler looking.
> >   I'm wondering how hard it would be to model it with povray...
>
> I see lots of bezier patches in your future...  ; )
> I have a few bezier spline connection macros that might make some of that a bit
> easier, especially for the wings. It can creates meshes of triangles that connect
> two splines.

Speaking of patches, I don't know if anyone noticed, but there's been a
new version of HamaPatch released recently.  From what I can gather, the
interface has been cleaned up a bit, and you can now define POV textures
from within it.  Oh, and it's at the usual place.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.