POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3D clouds in reflective sphere [~71K Jpg] : Re: 3D clouds for Sander (attached) [~71K Jpg] Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:13:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D clouds for Sander (attached) [~71K Jpg]
From: Sander
Date: 20 Dec 2000 11:53:31
Message: <MPG.14aaff4d94b3c6e79896c7@news.povray.org>
in povray.binaries.images, "Lance Birch" <-> says...
> The clouds look right, but they still appear to be raised out of the sphere.
> I'd say this is because you're moving the sphere with the camera, which
> distorts the effect.  You need to keep the sphere in the same position, and
> the camera look_at position the same, but move only the camera to get the
> right effect.

This could just be true. If you move the sphere with the camera, and the
clouds are far away with respect to the distance camera-sphere, the
reflected clouds could seem to lie flat on the sphere's surface. (?)
And: there wouldn't be much 3D in the clouds themselves, I think.

--
Regards,  Sander