POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.binaries : Media HELP : Re: Media HELP Server Time
2 Jun 2024 17:29:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media HELP
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 19 Dec 2000 15:27:12
Message: <MPG.14a9cae46132462498985e@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 14:24:34 -0800, Allan Rich wrote...
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to apply media to a scene though the media tab
> in scene settings. I've pretty much got assigning media to objects down
> (media make great flames and jets), but every time I try to associate to a
> scene instead of an object, my results are sometimes bizarre. If anyone has
> a scene that uses media in the scene settings (moray mdl file), a copy of it
> to reverse engineer the process would be helpful.

What do you mean by bizarre?

IIRC, you have to turn the density of media right down when you use them
in a global situation.

Frankly, I usually find it easier to confine media to a big cube or
sphere rather than prat around with global media...  But that's just me.
:)

Bye for now,
     Jamie.