POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3D clouds in reflective sphere [~71K Jpg] : Re: 3D clouds in reflective sphere [~71K Jpg] Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:25:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D clouds in reflective sphere [~71K Jpg]
From: Sander
Date: 18 Dec 2000 17:04:10
Message: <MPG.14a89e8066e71cad9896be@news.povray.org>
in povray.binaries.images, Bob H. says...
> I was trying out Kevin Ellis' clouds and so I figured I'd make a 3D stereo
> pair.
> I made the clouds with density_map using a zero density and regular density,
> also with both high and low cloud levels.
> Both diverged (z) and cross-eyed (x).

Although I have been looking at quite a lot of stereo pairs in all sorts
of ways with success, I have the suspicion that your pair does not have
very much stereo information. What I mean is that it remains quite flat
if I look at it (easiest is the x-eyed one for me). Also: when I subtract
the one from the other using Photoshop, I get a nearly grey image either
for the sphere or for the sky. Could you perhaps increase the effect a
little to see if that makes it better for me? The scene should be very 3D
in my opinion!

--
Regards,  Sander