POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Guidelines : Re: Guidelines Can you take this to p.o-t please? Server Time
20 Jul 2024 19:24:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Guidelines Can you take this to p.o-t please?
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 10 Dec 2000 07:04:37
Message: <MPG.149d7d29d217ad44989858@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 10 Dec 2000 01:00:40 +0100, Remco de Korte wrote...
> That seems more like a problem of deciding whose 'fault' something is, not
> exactly an inherent statement about quality.
> If someone sent me a letter in Chines I could blame him for making it unreadable
> to me or I could blame myself for not being able to read Chines but it says
> nothing about the quality of the Chines language or my own language. Or does it?
> Let's see, is English a better language then for instance French or Latin? Why
> would it be that French or Latin were 'standard' languages sometime among
> certain groups of people. Because they were supposed to be better at that time?

'Scuse me guys, but could you take this to povray.off-topic, as it was
exactly this sort of argument which caused me to abandon said group.

This is not aimed at anyone in particular, so please don't feel
victimised, Remco :)  Instead it's aimed at all those discussing OS pro's
and cons in an animation newsgroup.

Thank you for your time.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.