POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Walking Desert Eagle (364KBU) : Re: Walking Desert Eagle (364KBU) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 19:30:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Walking Desert Eagle (364KBU)
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 2 Nov 2000 15:22:49
Message: <MPG.146bdbb3430f9720989833@news.povray.org>
On 31 Oct 2000 17:42:23 -0500, H. E. Day wrote...
> 160x120 100 frames.  Took about 35 minutes to render.
> Thanks to Rune for the IK code used in this.

I've finally figured out what bothers me about this design.  it's the
complete lack of ankle articulation.  This means that it walks fine on
flat terrain, but looks like it would have serious problems on anything
more lumpy.

The latest images posted to p.b.I have changed my opinion about it a lot
though.  Not about the ankles, but about the whole appearance of the
thing.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.