POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : archways/curved doorframes : Re: archways/curved doorframes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:33:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: archways/curved doorframes
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 25 Oct 2000 13:57:28
Message: <MPG.14612807fb59c71198981d@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 01:05:56 -0400, Warheart wrote...
> Hello all,
>
>          I know this may sound like a simple question, but.... What is a
> good way to make a curved doorframe/archway (non 90degree angles) in Moray?
> Any help will be much appreciated.

The quick answer is CSG.

The long answer is - What exactly is the shape of the frame you want to
make?  As a general case, you can link together cylinders and sections of
tori to make a very basic shape, or you can get much more involved.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.