POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Inspired By Gary Larson... (76Kbu) - Alien_Redneck.jpg [1/1] : Re: Inspired By Gary Larson... (76Kbu) - Alien_Redneck.jpg [1/1] Server Time
19 Aug 2024 20:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inspired By Gary Larson... (76Kbu) - Alien_Redneck.jpg [1/1]
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 21 Oct 2000 14:19:10
Message: <MPG.145beb159f2f555989815@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 21 Oct 2000 09:29:38 -0400, Francois Labreque wrote...
> > And this is by no way meant to be as finished as, say, one of Mr Day's
> > spacecraft :)
>
> I like the lights.  Someone was talking about a quilted texture for
> lights, but I had problems imagining what he meant.  Good idea indeed.

I stole the idea from Jay Raney's Aqua Pod :)

Subject: Aqua Pod v2
From: Jay Raney <jay### [at] usitnet>
Newsgroups: povray.binaries.images
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:02:09 +0800

> There seems to be something wrong with the shadow of the right fin.  How
> can it cast such a dark shadow on the left while its left side is fully
> illuminated?

I don't know, but there are several point lights scattered around, so it
could be an artifact of them.  If you want the Moray 3.3 mdl source, then
I'll post it to moray.binaries, but I'll have to tidy it up a bit first.

> Nice pic anyway.

Thanks.

Sometimes the only way to exorcise an idea from my head is to do a
version of it, regardless of how crappy it may end up <grin>

Oh, and nobody seems to have spotted the deliberate (yeah, right) mistake
in the bumper sticker...  'Cos I haven't the faintest idea what a Quantum
Qestabilisation cannon is <grin>

Bye for now,
     Jamie.