POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Machine / Hermite Spline Wires : Re: The Machine / Hermite Spline Wires Server Time
20 Aug 2024 06:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Machine / Hermite Spline Wires
From: Lutz-Peter Hooge
Date: 13 Oct 2000 14:56:46
Message: <MPG.145179fc3ae67c6a989683@news.povray.org>
Hello,

Nice Picture!

> If you can guess what this devices does, tell me.
The Tube in the middle with that wires looks like a particle accelerator.
The rings around it wohld then be magnets that direct the particle
stream.
But its no ordinary particle accelerator, because it's no circuit, it's
straight and it ends somewhere in the blackness (space?)
That blue-glowing thingies are cooling-tubes I guess.
I don't really know what those quadratic plates at the outside are
supposed to do... look like some kind of mirrors, perhaps to reflect
harmful radiation back to the inside?

After all I think it must some kind of orbital weapon.

Lutz-Peter