POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Modified Sphericon Thing (145Kbu) - Sphericon_V_2_a.mpg [1/1] : Re: Modified Sphericon Thing (98kbu file attached) Divx;-) required. - Sphericon2_A.avi [1/1] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modified Sphericon Thing (98kbu file attached) Divx;-) required. - Sphericon2_A.avi [1/1]
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 6 Oct 2000 14:49:56
Message: <MPG.14482eca59e9abcd9897fe@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 5 Oct 2000 06:31:56 +0930, Data wrote...
> > I'll let you into a secret.  There's no way in hell I could do this in
> > POV script.  This is all through Moray (and the animation plugin)
> >
> > And I think the faint line is a lighting artifact, since IIRC, the
> > illumination in the scene is from four point lights scattered around the
> > object.
> >
> That would probably explain it :)
> Hrm, I'll have to try Moray more often, though I still prefer playing with
> the numbers themselves

It's a mindset thing.  I use Moray because I find it mind numbingly
boring to type in lots of abstract numbers, when I can just click create
sphere, and then transform it as I want, and see the results instantly.

Other people out there can do incredible things with just a keyboard and
a text editor.

<shrug>  I'm not claiming either way is better, but as a personal choice,
I prefer Moray. (and it's still the only shareware other than my
newsreader and email that I use regularly and have registered.)

> > Have you got the Divx;-) codec?  It's just that it's not really that
> > interesting, and as a Divx;-) .avi, it's only 48k or so, and I'm sort of
> > loathe to take up much more space on the newsgroup with another version
> > of this (and an infinitely less pleasing version IMO)
> >
> Yeah, I have (finally)
> I'll have to give it a try at encoding. I have a new breed for a game that
> neews a demonstration movie, but at the moment a full 360 degree spin of it
> is just under 300k at fairly low resolution

Well, I found the other version of the animation, and it should be
attached, but it's 98k, not 58 as I thought (I think it was originally
58k, but I re-rendered with Antialiasing and at a slightly higher res.)

Bye for now,
     Jamie.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: