POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hell-burnt Spires (29KBU) : Re: Hell-burnt Spires (29KBU) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hell-burnt Spires (29KBU)
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 3 Oct 2000 17:49:25
Message: <MPG.144464c6963ed1589897f8@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 3 Oct 2000 21:37:30 +0200, Sander wrote...
> in povray.binaries.images, H. E. Day says...
> > Same height field as before, this time with lava.  Turn up the AC, will
> > you?
> >

> What is the AC? Alternating Current?

Maybe Mr. Day is also an experimental AI system.  If so, then Uncle Ken
has Company :)

> BTW this image gives me the shivers! I suppose the sharp peaks fall down
> incessantly? That should be a sight... :) It also makes me think of what
> I once heard about the Deccan Traps in India
> (http://volcano.und.nodak.edu/vwdocs/volc_images/southeast_asia/india/dec
> can.html). No fiercer sight must have been shown on inhabited earth,
> ever, it seems.

Yeah, I was thinking it looked a bit like a flood basalt might have.

IIRC, there's a bigger flood basalt than the Deccan Traps in Siberia, but
it's been pretty much weathered down.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.