POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Modified Sphericon Thing (145Kbu) - Sphericon_V_2_a.mpg [1/1] : Modified Sphericon Thing (145Kbu) - Sphericon_V_2_a.mpg [1/1] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:13:31 EDT (-0400)
  Modified Sphericon Thing (145Kbu) - Sphericon_V_2_a.mpg [1/1]
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 3 Oct 2000 17:34:16
Message: <MPG.14446068599378c29897f7@news.povray.org>
I think I need to work on my descriptive abilities <grin>

Anyway, this is a sort of variation on the rolling sphericon as posted by
KalleK a while back (on the 12th of September, to be precise)

I've had the concave base object on my HDD since shortly after I saw the
original, but I decided to see if I could manage the rolling sphere
(there's a plain white texture on it so I wouldn't have to try and figure
out the appropriate rotations to prevent it looking like it was
'sliding') and it was easier than I thought it would be.

Oh, and I've got another version, but in that one, the ball stays still
and the base object rotates.

And I think I've managed to get this one to loop properly.  At least it
does on my machine without stuttering.

Comments, threats and the usual rambling are welcome :)

Bye for now,
     Jamie.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: