POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 2002: Mars Encounter (WIP 66kB) : Re: 2002: Mars Encounter (WIP 66kB) Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:13:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2002: Mars Encounter (WIP 66kB)
From: Sander
Date: 3 Oct 2000 06:50:35
Message: <MPG.1443d878c42641e7989696@news.povray.org>
in povray.binaries.images, Claudius Klein says...
> Hello!
>
> This is a preview picture of the soon to be released movie "2002: Mars
> Encounter". The shot was done from a high flying observer plane. :)
>
> MegaPOV 0.5a, no radiosity, no post processing, sphere with water texture, two
> simple cloud layers, media 'atmosphere', fog, mars image map from somewhere on
> the internet.
>
> Enjoy.
>
> Claudius
> [image/jpeg]

Claudius: all objects are really very good, but I have one question. To
what astronomical object do the clouds belong? How could one ever see
anything like this in reality? It is more like something in a dream, I
have the feeling... Or is Mars placed very near to earth?
--
Regards,  Sander