POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Negative Glow (10K) : Negative Glow (36.3Kbu) - Neg_Glow_Rad.jpg [1/1] Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:10:14 EDT (-0400)
  Negative Glow (36.3Kbu) - Neg_Glow_Rad.jpg [1/1]
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 22 Sep 2000 15:09:16
Message: <MPG.1435be747ca720689897ea@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 21 Sep 2000 19:37:02 -0400, Spock wrote...
> Been fooling around with glows and ran across an interesting
> property... negative colors can be used to cancel or shape the
> halo.
>
> I have included a trivial example where a negative green glow
> cancels a positive one.  This action is actually color-specific so
> you can selectively allow different frequencies to pass or not
> as required.
>
> Not very exciting news perhaps, but it might be useful...

I've also been playing with negative glows, but using radiosity...

The dark patch in the upper right corner of the image is a single
negative glow.

I was thinking that it might be useful in scenes where you want really
deep shadows in an otherwise well illumiated scene.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: