POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another experiment with glows : Re: Another experiment with glows Server Time
1 Oct 2024 03:12:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another experiment with glows
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 20 Sep 2000 14:57:24
Message: <MPG.143318f471e729889897e5@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:44:01 -0400, Halbert wrote...
> I wrote a little program to take the vertex and uv info from a mesh2 and
> convert it to a series of glows. I made it so one can affect the various
> parameters of the glows procedurely based on their positions or colors. I
> haven't had time to try anything really radical with yet.

This makes me think...

It should be possible to use the trace() function in MegaPOV to position
glows on the surface of, for example, a heightfield, using the normal
vector as the colour vector...

But don't ask me to code it, as I do all my POV through Moray <grin>

Bye for now,
     Jamie.