POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ants... do they look realistic? (53K) : Re: ants... do they look realistic? (53K) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ants... do they look realistic? (53K)
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 17 Sep 2000 07:15:00
Message: <MPG.142eab8b1bead73f9897dc@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 16 Sep 2000 18:42:34 +0200, Micha Riser wrote...
> Just some ants scattered on a plane. How realistic do they look?
>
> Comments appreciated

I think to have them looking a bit more realistic, you need to scatter a
load of hairs over the surface of their body, but this varies from
species to species.

Also, to my eyes, they look a bit on the robust side.  Try making them a
little more gracile and slender.  At the moment, they're looking more
like beetles than ants in terms of the slightly stumpy feel they seem to
have.

But then again, since we're talking POV here, and I've never seen the
point in going for excessive photorealism in POV (if you want
photorealism, use a camera :), they are very nice.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.