POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glow logo (40kbu) : Re: Glow logo (40kbu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glow logo (40kbu)
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 15 Sep 2000 17:20:20
Message: <MPG.142ca2cdb4590aee9897da@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 10 Sep 2000 17:52:14 +0100, Alan Holding wrote...
> > What processor do you have? And how many glows are in this image?
>
> Intel Celery 333Mhz overclocked to 375Mhz, and there's 7400 glows in this
> image.  The original bitmap was 128x77 (which makes 9856, multiplication
> fans), but I skipped any black pixels.  No point in producing a black
> glow...

I've been thinking about this skipping of black pixels, and after having
done a little playing with glows, I was wondering what would happen if
instead of skipping black pixels, you used a glow with <-1,-1,-1> as its
strength...

Maybe it would diminish the ambient fog that the glows have generated.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.