POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : other than Berkeley mpeg encoding : Re: other than Berkeley mpeg encoding Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:30:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: other than Berkeley mpeg encoding
From: Sander
Date: 15 Sep 2000 16:56:52
Message: <MPG.142bf2da6e14e401989693@news.povray.org>
Matt Giwer says...
> 	For those like myself who can not get the Berkeley files to run (and
> for the folks who say it works but won't answer how) here is another
> source of an encoder.
>
> 	I have not figured it out yet but it did compile and it did run neither
> of which would happen on the Berkeley. Hopefully others will try this as
> the documentation gives a new meaning to obscure.

I was curious enough to d/l the lot and look into one thing and another.
It did compile using Borland's C++Builder and it runs although I have no
suitable files to process, so it did nothing.
Have you seen that only YUV and PPM input formats are supported? I looked
them up and they seem to me a bit unusual. I don't think I would have a
use for all this. First convert TGA into YUV?
The documentation: I'll probably have a look whenever I think I'm
depressed, because it's nice to see that it can get still worse.

--
Regards,  Sander