POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Nope, sorry, no glows here... (282Kbu) - pyramid.mpg [1/1] : Re: Nope, sorry, no glows here... (282Kbu) - pyramid.mpg [1/1] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nope, sorry, no glows here... (282Kbu) - pyramid.mpg [1/1]
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 13 Sep 2000 16:42:37
Message: <MPG.1429e98a6bf67dcb9897d4@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 04:02:35 -0500, Bob Hughes wrote...
> Interesting, a kind of CSG using light and media and spheres then.
> I know if I were to try placing the speres like that I wouldn't have even
> thought of mathematics, except for the little bit needed to make the four
> vectors.  Like so: 1 unit radius spheres, position each half a unit
> up/down/sideways and hope for the best; adjust if wrong.
> Got any more light shapes planned or is this going to be the one and only?

I don't know.  This came out because I decided to try to rebuild a four
ball stack in Moray I had built it once before, but lost the file and
forgot the maths :)  Then, since I'd built it around the origin, I
decided to put a light source in and see what happened.  Then to see what
was happening with the light, I needed to add media.  So, to keep render
time down, I restricted the media to a sphere with a spherical density,
set the animation rendering with quite possibly ludicrous settings to
smooth out the media, and that's what came out.

On the other hand...  while typing this I've had another couple of ideas
that I may get round to trying when I have the time.  mind you, unless
the fuel situation eases, I may have some spare time...

Oh, and positioning a unit sphere up, down and sideways would give you 6
spheres, since there are two sideways axes :)

Bye for now,
     Jamie.