POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Solar Sail : Re: Solar Sail Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:20:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Solar Sail
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 5 Sep 2000 16:25:29
Message: <MPG.141f5dec9b048129897b7@news.povray.org>
On 5 Sep 2000 14:22:03 -0400, Steve wrote...
> >Looks Deadly... O)
> >If umbrellas could kill...?
> >

> IIRC in the 80s there was a Bulgarian diplomat who got killed
> (or was it him doing the killing), in London with a poison tipped
> umbrella.

IT was a Bulgarian Broadcaster on the BBC world service, I forget his
name.

The Umbrella was used to inject him with a small (1mm or less diameter, I
forget off the top of my head) platinum sphere with holes drilled in it,
filled with Ricin (a rather nasty toxin derived from the Castor plant)

IIRC he died a day or so after being injected from respiratory failure.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.