POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Summerglass (60 kbu) : Re: Summerglass (60 kbu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Summerglass (60 kbu)
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 30 Aug 2000 14:55:44
Message: <MPG.141761385d6140ba98979b@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:06:33 +0200, Hans-Detlev Fink wrote...
> The snowy rocks are a superposition of 2 RMFs.
> The tree: thanks to Andrew Clinton for his splinetree.
> The grass: thanks to Gilles Tran for his mesh grass.
>
> The color banding is due to jpg compression, this
> scene needs big size to make the glass look lost in
> the ice desert.

I was looking at this, when I had an idea you'll probably hate... <grin>

If it were possible to alter Gilles' macro to create a 'grass' of tree
objects, then you could have a more useful sense of scale, with the large
tree in the centre of the dome representing the 'tree of life' from
various mythologies.

Of course it would be almost impossible to tell that the 'grass' was
actually a forest canopy at the size it would render.

Oh, and I really like the image BTW, it reminds me of various console
RPG's set in post apocalyptic worlds where some technologies are still
functioning.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.