POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : focal blur not what I expect - nonblur.jpg [0/1] : focal blur not what I expect - nonblur.jpg [0/1] Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  focal blur not what I expect - nonblur.jpg [0/1]
From: Sander
Date: 17 Aug 2000 11:14:47
Message: <MPG.14061f75320d60f2989683@news.povray.org>
[This followup was posted to povray.binaries.images and a copy was sent to the cited
author.]

I don't seem to get the p-p focal blur working properly: the parameters I
used were: {field_start 20000, field_depth 1, max_blur 4, keep_aa 0.3}.
The large field_start depends in my code on the generally large number I
use for everything. A field_depth of 1000 makes no visible difference
with a value of 1. Should it be that way? Also, the field_start isn't
where it should be...
These two images are slices from a larger one, without and with post-
processing blur. I wonder why there is such a sudden transition at the
top from non-blurred to blurred (it looks very artificial), while at the
bottom the transition from blurred to non-blurred is smooth.
What do I miss?
--
Regards,  Sander