POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: 4-bar linkage for B. Lauritzen (66kbbu) : Re: 4-bar linkage for B. Lauritzen (66kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4-bar linkage for B. Lauritzen (66kbbu)
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 27 Jul 2000 14:59:13
Message: <MPG.13ea8c3aa1d4878a989776@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 26 Jul 2000 21:44:30 -0400, Serge LAROCQUE wrote...
> > Yep that's what was covered in the programme I saw.
>
> Sheesh and I learned it in university, and all the while I could have just
> watched a TV programme ;)

Well it was a university grade TV programme :)  (the Open University in
the UK, for those who may or may not be interested.  I'm possibly a tad
strange in that I watch their TV programmes for entertainment...)

> > I don't suppose your system can handle the other four bar linkages
> > involving rotary->linear movement ie crank-piston or rocker-piston.
>
> That's a different mechanism altogether. It is in fact called the crank-slider.
> Do you want an animation of such a thing? That could be arranged.

I'm sure it was covered in the same programme on four bar linkages, but I
may be getting confused, and it may have been included at the end in a
section on 'and these are some other common linkages'

Besides, my interest in engineering is purely in passing, but I like to
know a little bit about all sorts of things.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.