POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Archer - Charcter study 03 kbbu MPEG : Re: Archer - Charcter study 03 kbbu MPEG Server Time
20 Jul 2024 23:30:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Archer - Charcter study 03 kbbu MPEG
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 20 Jul 2000 18:34:04
Message: <MPG.13e158518e9d34c898975c@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 20 Jul 2000 01:25:02 -0700, ryan constantine wrote...
> doesn't one shoot ARROWS?  smart ___ :)

In which case, you fire bullets/pellets/slugs/shells...

Unless the bullet is being shot from a sling...

And I wouldn't have wanted to fire my bow, as it had a magnesium riser...

(clarification, three piece bows have two limbs and a riser.  You hold
the riser, which is the central portion of the completed bow.)

Seriously, the act of propelling a projectile from a bow is called
shooting.  Although nowadays almost nobody cares about terminology,
unless they're one of those anal retentive archers with stabilisers in
all directions which can pick up 35 different satellite tv channels :)

(although the club captain did a rather wonderful impersonation of
'serious' archers which had most of the rest of the club creased up,
except for the aforementioned 'serious' archers.)

Personally, I shot a plain three piece takedown recurve bow rated at 35
pounds draw, which I pulled to about 45 pounds due to the length of my
arms.  Oh, and a word of advice, backdrops don't tend to stop field point
arrows at twenty yards very well (I only had field points at the time,
and broke two of my arrows before I got the message...

And any comments about the 35 pounds draw being a bit on the weedy side
will be ignored, as I was a student at the time, and couldn't afford
anything more.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.