POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : StrangeBrew is back :) : Re: StrangeBrew is back :) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: StrangeBrew is back :)
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 18 Jul 2000 15:34:12
Message: <MPG.13deb91481f754bb989753@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 02:30:54 +1200, Ian Witham wrote...
> Fine for some.. but for others still cryptic and unhelpful, please explain
> further.
>
> > telnet 208.32.54.100 8888

It's not a web address.  It's a telnet URL.

If you're using Windows 9x, choose Start->Run, and then type telnet into
the box.  If it doesn't start a telnet window, then you didn't install
telnet, so you need to do so.

Personally, I've wasted far too much of my life on telnet, primarily
through MUD's <grin>

Bye for now,
     Jamie.