POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : MegaPOV support in next Moray version? : Re: MegaPOV support in next Moray version? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV support in next Moray version?
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 11 Jul 2000 14:39:20
Message: <MPG.13d56f7aa4c88f9d98973b@news.stmuc.com>
On Tue, 11 Jul 2000 11:55:51 +0200, Lutz Kretzschmar wrote...
> Hi TigerHawk, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > Hmm...any idea on if the next ver of MoRay will support looks_like and
> > skysphere? (Well, plus 3.5 features, heh)
> Moray will probably never support looks_like, because it's simply a
> group with the light and the object, where the object has the NoShadow
> flag set.

Maybe this should be put into Moray's docs in 24 point, bright red,
underlined type, as it's something that seems to be asked here on a semi-
regular basis...

Personally, I'd like to be able to specify an area light as an area
spotlight, in a possibly vain attempt to cut render times slightly...
<grin>

Bye for now,
     Jamie.