POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : something to share... : Re: something to share... Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: something to share...
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 8 Jul 2000 10:39:34
Message: <MPG.13d11f78e2c31b11989732@news.stmuc.com>
On Fri, 07 Jul 2000 07:14:47 +0300, Peter Popov wrote...
> >> Of course, it really should be written as asin(sqrt(3)/3)...
> >
> >Why?  It all comes out the same in the end, so use the syntax you like
> >and can understand.
>
> Well, 1/sqrt(3) = sqrt(3)/3
> It's just that the latter is the rationalized, more acceptable form of
> it.

OK, so I *was* missing something :)

I think I'll stick to the incorrect syntax myself, as if nothing else, it
helps me remember where in the calculations I got the value from. (if you
could see the average page of scribbling and trigonometry, you'd
understand why I need help remembering such things <grin>)

Bye for now,
     Jamie.