POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : something to share... : Re: something to share... Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:27:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: something to share...
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 6 Jul 2000 19:59:37
Message: <MPG.13cee5927eb494c498972b@news.stmuc.com>
On Thu, 6 Jul 2000 21:32:47 +1200, Ian Witham wrote...
> > Oh, and I figured it out using a pencil, paper and calculator, and the
> > rotations I came out with were <45.0,0.0,35.26439>.  This was using
> > nothing more complicated than basic trigonometry and Pythagoras' theorem.
>

> okay okay.. as so many of you have pointed out it isn't all that tricky
> after all <hangs his head in shame> :-(

It wasn't too easy either...  I took me a sheet of paper and a fair
amount of cursing before I remembered enough of my maths to figure it
out.  It's just too easy to sound glib and self satisfied when you've got
the answer sitting in front of you while you compose the posting to the
NG :)

Having a copy of Moray to display and verify the transformations didn't
hurt either <grin>

Oh, and I did a quick scene with 3200 cubes rotated at .1 degree
intervals, but got bored waiting for it to render :)

Bye for now,
     Jamie.