POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : xwing, nearing completion... : Re: xwing, nearing completion... Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: xwing, nearing completion...
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 2 Jul 2000 09:01:26
Message: <MPG.13c94c02be6418a5989721@news.stmuc.com>
> > I'm pretty sure that since X-wings can go faster than light even the
> > traces of hydrogen and helium gas found in space will cause some drag.
>
> I would think a very substantial ammount of drag, at those speeds.
>
> --
> David Fontaine     <dav### [at] faricynet>     ICQ 55354965
> Please visit my website: http://www.faricy.net/~davidf/

IIRC, then I read somewhere that X-Wings had particle shielding.

So the issue of drag on the hull is redundant since the particle
shielding would be deflecting the dust/gas particles before they get
anywhere near the hull.

Point two is that *it's a film*  Hollywood has never really been known to
care two hoots for realism if they can make something which looks good.

Just my 2p

Bye for now,
     Jamie.